Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, March 19, 2006

Attention, Eve: Here's A Character for Your Barzam Novel

WARNING: If you took the bar exam recently, this story may cause your head to explode.

Last night, I had dinner with a friend from law school who was in town. Through the course of it, she mentioned she had talked to a classmate of ours and he sent his regards. This fellow had not been with us for our third year in law school, because he was like a "visiting student" at some school in Maryland, pursuing becoming a sports agent. So, I asked what he was doing, and was told he was working for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

So, I said I assumed he hadn't taken the bar. My friend (who has also taken and passed a bar exam), said, "Wait 'till you hear this story."

Seems he was registered for the Maryland bar and started taking BarBri when he got his job offer, two weeks into BarBri. He decided to go work for the Cavs.

Three days before the barzam, his boss said, "Here's a plane ticket to Maryland. You're signed up, you may as well go see how you do."

"Don't tell me he passed."

My friend put her hand up. "Just wait," she said.

"He went to Maryland. Got SMASHED the night before the bar exam. Took the first day.

"Got SMASHED that night. Took the second day."

I'm thinking, what an idiot, to have a free shot at the bar and get smashed.

"And he passed."

Yeah. He owes everyone who took the bar one summer.

Or at least, reeeeally good Cavs tickets.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares