Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Slowly but Surely...aarghh...The Date Approacheth

first of all, the quote of the day, from my friend Laura in Lynchburg:

"I don't trust men for anything, especially not something like quadratic function equations!"

*************

Is anyone other than me noticing that, slowly but surely, the date of bar exam results being announced is creeping up on us?

What I was told would happen has happened. I did not care a whit about my bar results in August. Not one bit. Around Labor Day, I started to think about them just a little bit. Very, very slowly, my thinking about it has increased a little bit at a time.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am being a bit neurotic about HOW I discover whether I pass the bar. One of the scariest things for me about it is the runup to the actual event. You know, the night before (the publish the results between 7 and 7:30 AM), what sort of sleep will you get? How many times will I have to hit CTRL-R on the computer before "Bar Exam Results" pop up? When they finally do, what will be the brief but unbearable time between when I click on the link and actually find my name or (ugh) where my name shuold be.

So, how am I dealing with this? First of all, I have been nonspecific with everyone except for my friend Anonymous as to when the results will be published. Everyone else is getting, "BeginningofNovember." My mother attempted to get it out of me, but the closest I came was mumbling something approximating the date.

Secondly, I will learn my results at a time and place of my choosing, namely, standing in my friend Anonymous' living room. Why? Because Anonymous is incredibly good in a crisis, and, I can assure you, if the results are not what I hope for, this WILL have all the markings of a crisis. On the other hand, if the results ARE what I hope for, Anonymous has been an incredibly good friend through the three years of law school and is also a person who has given me great perspective on the law as I head into practicing, and would certainly be someone I'd want to share good news with right away.

I don't want to be around anyone else. I don't want my phone ringing with people saying, "Did you pass? Did you pass?" After all, if they call and I didn't pass, what exactly am I going to reply. "No, and you're ugly?" Probably, and I don't want to do that.

So, when it happens, if you have my cel phone number, don't call me. I'll email you or post on here or call you or whatever.

(And, as for you all, you WILL know as the date approaches, not only because I will be talking about it and the runup to it, but also because the infamous countdown will return to the title of the blog very shortly.)

It approacheth.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares