Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Monday, October 17, 2005

the good news is

I'm not the only one who's not doing well with this.

Look, I'm really sorry that my posts of late all are variations on a theme by Michael-Going-Nutzoid. (Scroll down if you've had enough about it and read about the contents of Karl Rove's garage.)

Someone else mentioned on their blog they had a friend who recently failed the bar, and they were really desperately wishing they could say he was someone who hadn't studied. But he had.

Eep.

In the meantime, here's a list of things I've heard enough of:

1. "Oh, I know you passed, you're just so brilliant."

Yeah. Brilliance is to bar exam as logic is to bar exam. And you don't get out much.

2. "So, when do the results come out?"

Soon.

2a. "How long?"

Before Election Day.

2b. "So, it could be anytime."

No, there's a day.

2c. "When is it?"

I'm not saying.

2d. "Oh, why not?"

Because then you'll call me up and bug me.

2e. "Well, make sure to give me a call when you know."

I'm not afraid of calling you. It's you calling me that doesn't excite me.

3. "When you pass, we should have a cake."

I swear to God, if I see a congratulatory cake anytime before I have firm evidence of having passed, someone will be wearing a lot of congratulatory frosting.

4. "It took JFK, Jr. three times."

Oh, good. That makes me feel so much better!

5. "There's really nothing to worry about. The bar exam is taken."

Yeah, call me when you have a life threatening disease and are waiting for the results. I'll tell you there's nothing you can do about it, it is what it is.

Am I the only one who's recently found himself going back and retreading the bar exam and feeling quite confident he fell short?




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares