Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Monday, October 31, 2005

Not One Damn Dime

I have always had fun with people from my alma mater, American University, calling me and asking for money.

I very politely explain to them that I know they're students doing work-study and so I want them to know I have not a thing against them, but there's not a chance in the world I'm giving money to them. My excuse has always been because, when a student started a website about the man who was our President, BenLadner.com, it shouldn't have created a reason for that student to be attacked by AU police officers.

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Worse is that, after Ladner has been unceremoniously ousted for bsically stealing all sorts of cash from AU, with the Feds and the Senate hot on his trail, AU just gave him a severance package of $3.75 million.

What a great lesson! Tuition's going up, kids!

I'm sorry, but that's a clear case of a Board of Trustees not getting it. Or trying to cover their tracks.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares