Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, December 02, 2005

Ahhhhhh...

For the first time in several days, life is a little calmer.

And life looks pretty good.

(Other than the fact that there's this new "post and comments options" thing at the bottom of the posting thing. I always change the post time to reflect what time I finish the entry, not what time I start, and it's just less convenient to do when I have to click on a button to get there.)

Anyway, why I've been incredibly busy...

Tuesday and Wednesday were devoted to packing and packing and packing and packing. Then Wednesday afternoon, Carol showed up with her van and we carried the stuff down one flight of stairs from my apartment to her van. Around 5:30, we left Sylvania and, after a stop at Max & Erma's to fill up on red meat, headed to Port Clinton.

It was then that the fun started.

While I was out searching for condos, one of them I looked at was a lovely, although too pricey, condo up three or four flights of stairs. In discussing it, one of the cons was that it was not accessible by elevator.

Well, as it turns out, I ended up renting a condo that is not accessible by elevator. Three flights of stairs.

Which made it an exercise of great exertion carrying boxes to my apartment. Carol kept saying to me, "Didn't we have the discussion about not getting a place that wasn't accessible by elevator?"

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Anyway, I got moved in Wednesday, and collapsed into bed.

Yesterday, I was supposed to have a trial filling in for the prosecutor's office, but I managed to settle that, so I went into court only to do plea agreements. That was okay, because I went back to Toledo to finish a few things out at my apartment, and then off to see Max Cleland.

So, as you might imagine, I was pleased to get done with work today (after again driving to Toledo), and get back here.

And "back here" is pretty nice, which is contributing to my good mood.

My apartment has a "porch" (which is more like a room off the living room with windows) which overlooks a harbor.

You can sit in this room and watch the sunset.

It's very nice to look out over.

I have a full, actual living room. A guest bedroom (which will become my office once it is not the Room of the Boxes I Have Not Yet Unpacked.)

The second floor is basically a master suite-type thing, a bedroom plus a bathroom/closet/sink area.

Very cool.

And I am locked in, insulated from the world this evening, writing this now, knowing I have another good post in me probably yet tonight, and then planning to spend some quality time with a good book.

Life is good. :)




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares