Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, April 02, 2006

By The Dawn's Early (and Evening) Light

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I don't particularly care for Daylight Saving Time.

Now, by July, I'll be acclamated and glad to have a little more time in the evenings to be outside, although that may be less true this year. You see, the condo where I have moved into has no outside porch for me, although there is a pool. Getting my quotient of being outside will require a little more ingenuity this year.

But, back to DST and why I'm not wild about it. There's something that's just, well, WRONG about taking the darkness out of the evening. I mean, it's supposed to be DARK at night, and LIGHT in the daytime.

This also goes semi hand in hand with my recent pet peeve of me waking up to find it's already light outside.

I truly do not hate the sunshine (although I know it sounds like it from this post), but there is something wonderful about waking up at 6:15 and the sky slowly getting lighter as you wake up. Instead, these days, if you wake up at seven these days, you feel like the sun's been up for hours and you're the last one in bed.

In the end, Daylight Saving Time probably works out okay. It does stay lighter later.

But until I get used to it, I feel entitled to grumble.

(And, btw, there will be NO grumbling when we flip back to Standard Time. For some reason, that never bothers me.)




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares