Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Thursday, June 16, 2005

Good day

Yesterday, Linds wrote on her blog (what? you haven't been to see it yet?) about days "when you wake up all energetic and peppy and your mind just naturally focuses on 'getting things done'" [fuller explanation on the link, although I didn't have "She's Got The Beat" going through my head today, which is probably a good thing.] She then went on to bemoan that she wasn't having one of those days, which I particularly appreciated since I wasn't either.

Well, I'd like to incorporate by reference her description of one of those good days because today has definitely been one of them. I woke up around 6:15 and was not just awake but AWAKE -- ready to (in the words of my dad), "Hop out of bed, throw open the shutters, and say, 'GOOD MORNING WORLD!!!!!!'" This is how he thinks everyone should begin the day. (It drives my mother nuts.)

Well, anyway, I don't have any shutters, but I headed off for the lecture on agency and partnerships; then came home and was actually inclined to study and started in on it after an hour break. I did that for roughly the past three hours, which is some sort of consecutive personal record for me. (I have to admit I became markedly less dedicated in hour three.)

I also today have gone out on a limb and actually allowed myself some exposure to fresh air -- I have my windows open. So far, so good; allergies are not bothering me yet. I hope I don't pay for it in a major way. It is also incredibly temperate outside.

So, now, I feel like I've done enough for the day (although I really haven't and will probably try to do another hour's worth of work this evening) and can do some other things, most importantly, fulfill the description of the day again supplied that "when it's all over, your apartment is clean, too." Because my apartment needs cleaning, and the Cleaning Elf who usually does it appears to have gone on vacation.

Life is good.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares