Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Monday, June 27, 2005

Good grief...

I'm not wild about the Grokster decision or the one on the reporters, although I understand both. Here's the one that's got my blood boiling. I'll have more to say on this later, but here's a quick summary:


Colorado law has not created a personal entitlement to enforcement of
restraining orders. It does not appear that state law truly made such
enforcement mandatory. A well-established tradition of police discretion has
long coexisted with apparently mandatory arrest statutes.

This is the Supreme Court, holding that, if you get a protection order against someone and the police don't enforce it and that person kills you, you don't have a case against the police department that didn't enforce it.

The case is Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales. As I said, I'll read the whole thing and write more about it later. Right now, I need to study for the bar.

It seems to me we are in need of some new thinking in the legal community.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares