Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've sometimes said...

...that if I didn't write about politics, I'd be a sportswriter.

Whereupon, my dad pointed out I'd need to learn a little bit more about sports. Fair enough.

But, columns like this one about Shaquille O'Neal getting his MBA are funny, have a good mix of reportage and commentary, and are just generally fun to read. And I think it's also worth quoting this line for its truth:

Now when you consider all the stories about what's wrong with sports, Shaq
walking across a stage in cap and gown with a diploma in his hands is pretty
cool.

Shaq traveling across the country to put on cap and gown and walk across
the stage is even cooler, and a striking example of just one of the many good
and classy things O'Neal has accomplished in his life. He can stand so tall at
times.

Anyway, it's a good, easy read, if you're in the mood for some decent writing.

And, believe me, you would be if you've spent hte past few hours getting cozy with terms such as "bona fide affirmative action," "privileges and immunities" and "substantive due process."

Back to it!




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares