Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Thursday, July 28, 2005

Day Of The Frozen Chickens

Let's start with this.

I AM DONE.

Wow, did that feel good. Let me do it again.

I AM DONE.

Hehe.

All right, let's see. As I mentioned, this morning, getting ready was kind of a downer; but once I got to Veterans' Memorial, my mood started to perk up. As someone said, "People are actually smiling today!" It felt a little like the last day of school mixe up with the atmosphere before a gunfight. (Not that I've ever been to a gunfight before, but if I had, I imagine that's what it would feel like.) One of the more pleasant experiences has been walking around Vets' Memorial in the morning and chatting with people I know. Today was kind of odd, because it's the last time we'll really see each other. (Graduation was, after all, just a precursor to BarBri.) OK, we'll briefly run into each other at the Ohio Theater on November 12 -- prays fervently -- but otherwise, this was kind of it. And, as in the case of Andi, who's bound for South Korea, she won't be at the state theater pass or

So, time for the exam came. I settled in to my chair (I've been telling people this week only half-jokingly that my table was so far to the back of the room I've been applying Kentucky law.) And here's the thing...I didn't think the essays were impossible at all. Challenging, yes, insofar as there were time pressures, but basically, pretty straightforward as far as the questions go.

A few neat things: Scattered applause when Marcia Mengel said, "These are the last two questions." The proctors fanning out through the room with three minutes left to go, putting a Hershey's kiss at everyone's desk and whispering, "Good luck." (Some thought it was corny, I thought it was really cool.) Then, applause when Mengel announced, "Time is up." There was something really special about that.

(BTW, I think they oughtta give Marcia Mengel a title like, "Voice of the Ohio Bar Exam." She does a very good job, in my opinion.)

Exams were collected. Announcement of when results will come out...they'll be in the office at 7 in the morning on October 28 to answer the phones (yeah, like you'll be able to get through), and then they will also post who passed on the Internet "between 7 and 7:30." No, no, no. How 'bout MAKING THEM POST IT AT 7 SO WE DON'T ALL GO NUCKING FUTS??? Please, for the love of God, Allah, Buddha, or whomever, this process has been painful enough. Truly.

Linds...I did look for you! (I even had a friend near your table who was supposed to let you know I was going to stop by at the end but she wasn't able to find you...) On the other hand, EVERYONE wanted out of there...I was no different.

For some reason, getting outta the parking lot was a real logjam today where it hasn't been otherwise. But did that, got back to my hotel, checked out, and then stopped at Chipotle (they have them in Columbus, but nowhere around here) for lunch. Then got on the road and headed out. Was having a great time, driving along with the windows down and the radio up...until I got on 75 and found myself in the traffic jam from bar exam. (It wasn't full of bar examinees; think about it for a second, folks, you can figure that one out...) Apparently, a truck carrying frozen chickens caught fire last night and there was a big accident they STILL HADN'T SORTED OUT THIRTEEN HOURS LATER. Good grief.

Basically, the verdict on yesterday's MBE was, "Where the bar exam did that come from?" (If you can't figure this out by now, you probably aren't bar exam material and haven't been paying attention to how horrible and somethingish this process is...) Basically, it sounds like NCBE decided to change the format, which may or may not be thanks to Robert Feinberg. Feinberg was apparently an idiot and tried to carry notes out of the Alaska bar exam on what was on the test. Good grief...

All right. Time to go do this newfangled thing called relaxing.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares