Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What 200 Multichoice Questions In Six Hours Will Do To You

OK, so, this morning, your blogger sat down with his MPT practicebook and started in on the first group of one hundred questions. This is the first "practice MBE" I have taken, understand, so I sat down wondering what two hundred questions would do to a person's brain.

I found out when I sat down to grade the second hundred.

I should start by saying, I don't want anyone to think my score on the first hundred questions were anything to write home about. They absolutely were not. I still have a lot of work to do, but nothing I don't think I can get under control in the next 21 days. *gulps* No, seriously. I think they were okay.

But I did notice, as I got to the late 80s and nineties this morning, I was starting to get a little bored and less engaged with the questions, and my rate of getting those right reflected it.

So, after a lunch break, I figured it would be interesting to see if I got fewer right in the afternoon. Took the test, thought I did probably about as well as I did the first time around.

So, I start grading. 1 was wrong. 2 was wrong. 6, 7, 8 were wrong.

And as I go along and I'd gotten 18 out of 75 right, I was thinking, "Well, crap, I'd like to get at least half of half of them right!" Which, by the time I finished grading, I'd not done.

How to explain it? It must have been a huge dropoff in attentiveness or something. Casting about for some way to deal with it, I was absent-mindedly flipping through the book, when something occurred to me.

Y'know, since I answered questions 101-200, it might help if I graded answers 101-200 and not regraded 1-100.

This improved my score dramatically.

Good grief, people. I'm going to be in the loony bin before this is all over.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares