Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bits 'n' Pieces

I have the day off today. Now, that may not mean much to you, but it would if it were your first day off in 20 days. I kid you not.

**************

RIP, C.J. Rehnquist. There was a fascinating article a few weeks ago in the Atlantic Monthly about how Rehnquist has really run a pretty tight ship as Chief Justice, both in decorum as well as making sure the Court didn't overreach. Although I had many, many philosophical differences with Rehnquist, it was a fascinating article and the conclusion it came to, that he might be one of the greatest Chief Justices ever, was rather fascinating.

**************

The Army Corps of Engineers' funding for the New Orleans area was cut the past three years in a row. Some folks worried this might make it more difficult to deal with a flood or a hurricane.

**************

Elections matter.

**************

I only got to catch the fourth quarter of the Ohio State game during my lunch break yesterday. What I saw, I didn't like, as we were 0-14 for the time we watched (even though we ended up winning, 34-14.) I hope we play more like we did the first three quarters, and can do it even when I am watching. Texas will not be a pushover next week.

**************

Will this be the year TCU finally gets some respect?

**************

I finished reading the biography of Norman Rockwell on Wednesday. I was actually on the last page on Tuesday night, but was so tired I couldn't even focus on the page and kept falling asleep. It was rather ridiculous. I'm now onto The Survivor, about Bill Clinton. Flashing back to being in seventh grade and knowing that starting off straightaway with gays in the military was a dumb idea.

**************

Work is going well. We are in our second store of two we've acquired and getting ready to open that. The Perrysburg store is awesome and doing great! If you haven't been yet, stop out sometime and do some shopping!

**************

The iPod may be the greatest invention ever. OK, the car and the electric light were pretty cool.

**************

The Ohio Bar Exam results get published next month. Now, they ARE at the end of the month, I realize, so it's still like almost two months, but that is getting closer.

I'm less nervous about the results than the finding out.

**************

I'll be really ticked if I have to call this place Watch Me Take The Bar (Again.)

**************

I enjoy working in HR. I like interviewing people, finding out about them, figuring out where they fit into an organization.

**************

Later on today, I may post my rankings of the college football teams, at least, the top 25 probably. I have a little program that ranks them based on methods of my choosing. I prefer this to the polls because it looks at actual performance rather than, "Oh, they will win 12 games this year," and then whomever they are don't. (I say this so you don't freak when you see East Carolina in my Top 25.)

**************

I think there is a cash-cow waiting to happen in making non-cheesy training videos. The problem is how to give instructions without sounding preachy, and how to avoid sounding preachy without being corny.

**************

Rumors of my death because of the nonupdating of this blog are greatly exaggerated.

**************

I don't know if I've mentioned it here, so I will now. I'm starting to think I might have some clue as to what I'm going to do to continue to eat. While I'm not big on the whole working-for-someone-else idea, the idea of hanging out my own shingle has scared the **** out of me. However, that is now less scary in that I am going to do part-time work for the grocery store, doing HR for the Perrysburg and Sylvania stores (probably two days a week.) This will allow me to get my law practice off the ground.

**************

Of course, first I need to find out I passed the bar.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares