Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Wednesday, August 17, 2005

very quick update

I am back from Las Vegas.

I have lots of cool photos I will upload later.

Work seems to be going fine. Will update about that later.

Big news is this.

My grandmother (dad's side) is having triple-bypass today.

Seriously. My grandmother is almost never sick.

Decided to go in for a heart cath because she hadn't felt quite herself lately and had some pains that made her and her doctor think this might be the thing to do.

Triple bypass.

My grandmother.

Outtatheblue.

Need to be slowed down? This phrase'll do it: your grandmother is having triple bypass tomorrow.

Your grandmother = the person that's taken care of you, watched you, loved you, understood being a college student also means being poor, listened to you, still keeps your first cast from when you were less than god knows when.

triple bypass = the heart. THEY'RE WORKING AROUND MY GRANDMOTHER'S HEART. This is profoundly disturbing.

tomorrow = wow.

I started to wig out a bit last night and then got calmed down after talking to a friend about it, and was doing fine today until I recalled my grandma saying she'd get communion this morning.

Something about my grandma in her hospital room getting communion from a priest before going into surgery. Her, her prayers, God, and the surgeon.

Wow.

Anyway, if you can, say a prayer, do a chant, a rain dance, or whatever it is you do.

Meanwhile, across town, another dear friend of mine, a former teacher who's like a second mother, will also be having surgery today.

Her third in four months.

She's had a horribly rough road.

More prayers.

Good grief. I'm starting to feel like Typhoid Michael.

Have a good day all. I'll update later.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares