Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, August 05, 2005

Is Technology Not Wonderful?

As I am writing this entry, I can tell you I am not thinking that it is such a lovely day it's a shame I should be inside.

That is because, my friends, I am outside. I am sitting on our pergola, I have the computer plugged in, and I am connected to the rest of the world.

The most exciting part of this transaction -- apart from the fact that I don't even have to be inside to be on the Internet, which is way cool -- is that I can see my screen just fine. I mean, not a problem in the world.

Anyhoo, it looks like next week, Tuesday and Wednesday, I will work for my dad. Now, please be aware, I have been fairly clear -- OK, adamant -- about not working in the grocery business. I could not bag your groceries if you begged me. I cannot, will not wrap meat. I have struck out on my own; I will be an attorney (OK, proto-attorney for right now.)

Well, other than when they're opening a new store. For some reason, this gets me moving. I like seeing things come together. I like the idea that you have a large project that you have some part of. I still walk into Aisle 3 and look at shelves and go, "Hey! I painted those."

So, next week, Tuesday and Wednesday, I get to interview people for positions at these two new stores we are opening. I am told I will be trained. This is good. That leaves Monday for some research I need to do, and then Thursday is departure day. :-D

Hope everyone has a great weekend! For those of you interested in the War of 1812, come to George Croghan Day on the front lawn of the Fremont Public Library, where I will be the Master of Ceremonies.

Don't all yell at once.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares