Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005

R-49 hours

"Oh, shoot." (An approximation)
"Jeeminy Christmas." (Another approximation.)
"Oh my God."

My thoughts on waking up and realizing the roller coaster is two days from its end.

Yesterday was worse than Monday. In the weekly managers' meeting, it suddenly occurred to me how close we were getting and all of a sudden, the discussion about the inventory preparations did not matter a whit to the alleged Grocery Man.

(They even talked about yogurt, and I wasn't paying attention. What the hell does that tell you? Yogurt, for Pete's sake!)

I could also tell it was starting to get to me yesterday afternoon, when I kept repeating "Nothin' to Lose" on my iPod for twenty minutes as I drove. Nothing symbolic here, I swear, just was so distracted I didn't want to change my musical scenery.

Of course, then as I started to ponder on repeating that song over and over and over and over and over, I decided to try and attach some meaning to it. I decided the best I could do was to say that I'm not a lawyer, and if I fail, I STILL won't be a lawyer. So, I've got nothin' to lose.

Heh. Yeah, if I can get myself believing THAT.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares