Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Thursday, November 17, 2005

Perhaps the Past Three Years Weren't a Total Waste

A prospective client called me the other day.

As I was setting up an initial consultation with them, she gave me a thumbnail sketch of their problem. Beause I was on the computer and can type fast, I was able to basically transcribe what she was saying.

And, as I did, I realized -- this sounds like a law school exam question!

Now, I assure you, it was nothing terribly interesting or novel, but it just had enough twists and turns in it that it could have made it onto a final exam somewhere.

I flashed back to Professor Berkowitz (Torts) telling us on the first day of law school, "You know, a client will never come in and sit down and say, 'Well, first, I was assaulted, then there was a battery, which was also intentional infliction of emotional distress.'"

Anyway, it was interesting. It would be nice to believe law school prepared me to be a lawyer. :)

BTW, what do you get when you breed a groundhog and a Michigan Wolverine?

Six more weeks of bad football.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares