Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A PS to the Mission Statement

I remember exactly when the idea, and name, for this blog popped into my head.

I was sitting in Professor Hopperton's Land Use class, and I thought, "Blogging the bar exam...what a cool idea." Then I came up with the name, and thought, hey, it could even have utility beyond the barzam. (Check mission statement for all.) I could see it in the classic white-on-black Blogger template...I was off and rolling.

Y'know, if I'd focused on Land Use, perhaps those poor New Londoners wouldn't have been in such trouble. Just kidding.

Anyway, when this blog started, it was originally used as a chronicle of my travails in preparing for, taking, and waiting for the results of the Ohio bar exam.

The bar has been passed, and as I embark on a career as a lawyer, I now want to take a moment to give you an idea about what I'll be doing with this blog.

You'll note the name of this blog is not, and never has been, "Watch Me Take The Bar Exam," but rather, "Watch Me Take The Bar." "Bar," as in the bar that is used to refer to attorneys.

So, in what way do I plan to "take the bar?" Am I going to go at it with my head to be used as a battering ram, just butting and screaming at any injustice I see?

No.

Do I plan to just sit on the bloglines and complain?

No.

Do I plan to be a selfless missionary, working for peanuts and only taking enough money to make a thin gruel and perhaps purchase a few slices of bread occasionally?

Most definitely not.

What do I plan to do with it? That's the next post (which I'll create a link to on the sidebar and hence didn't want to muck up with all this backstory...)





Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares