Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, February 10, 2006

Howdy Again...A Few Short Takes

God Bless Anonymous

Two reasons:

First of all, you may recall my New Year's (Years'?) Resolution was to learn to make one healthy dish a year. This has had varying degrees of success, but on Wednesday, hit on one new recipe I'll be making again: Southwestern Black Bean Soup.

This came from a cookbook Anonymous gave to me. So, she got to be the first person (victim?) to try it.

At some point, I will try to post the recipe here but I will say it was good (although the shredded cheddar cheese I added sealed the deal, and that may have diminished the nutritional value somewhat.)

Secondly, yesterday I ran into a logic problem. This is one of those "why I'm glad I'm done with the LSAT" sorts of things, although not really. It was one of those everyday things that some of us are better at lookng at than others, and if you don't quite get it right, it will haunt you for all your days.

Many thanks to Anonymous, who hopped in her van and spent an hour and a half figuring out what I needed to do and where I needed to go and got me back on the right track.

***

And It Continues To Unravel

On a day after Cheney gets bad news, it appears Bush might be getting even worse news. That Jack Abramoff guy who no one remembers meeting remembers meeting Bush nearly a dozen times, and claims to have been extended an invitation to visit the ranch in Crawford.

Curioser and curioser...

***

Bill Gates Is Not Getting Any Less Evil

MSNBC tells me when I am in Firefox that I need to download the newest version of Windows Media Player. However, when I am in Explorer, it plays fine.

Something tells me they just want me using Explorer...




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares