Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, February 12, 2006

I Think They Should Give Michelle Kwan A Gold...

...Just for not responding to this question:

"You're 25 right now and you're going to be 29 four years from now. how does it feel knowing you're probably going to end your career without a gold medal?"
...By either breaking down in a complete nervous breakdown or saying something like this:

"Well, asshole, I've only trained for this since I was, you know, like three years old. I gave up my childhood, any semblance of a normal life, and my parents made tons of sacrifices. I mean, it's only been my dream MY WHOLE FREAKING LIFE. In addition, the whole country's going to be talking about my groin for the next 72 hours, and I'll always be remembered as The Girl Who Never Won A Gold. So, in answer to your question, it feels great. Just great. Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the garage with the motor running."
I'm big on asking whatever question you need to get your story, but this was a rare occasion I thought the media could exercise more restraint, decency and common sense. Of COURSE she feels bad. Do we have to drive it home to her NOW, in front of the whole WORLD?




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares