Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, July 22, 2005

Fresh Air

I have my windows open right now.

Despite the fact it'll get up to 86 degrees.

"Why bother opening them up when you know you'll have to close them by probably 9:00? And why, for Pete's sake, do you feel the need to tell us about this?"

Because I, friends, have become a Fresh Air Junkie.

I'm not some huge outdoorsman and, let's face it, when I spend a day inside on a nice day, I usually find it worse because of the intellectual, societal, you shouldn't be in on a day like this than any need to be outside in my DNA.

But I usually try to find at least a few minutes on nice days to sit outside with a nice book.

The bar exam changed all that.

And so now, having been cooped inside most of the summer, anytime I can get outside, I take the chance.

This has resulted in some pretty funny results. I find myself sick of doing problems or essays and decide to go sit outside and read for a while. I think, Gee, nice and quiet out here, no one out here. Then I realize it's probably because it's 93 degrees out and everyone else is inside with their sanity and their AC.

But, as I acknowledged, I left my sanity along the road long ago, and don't hope to pick it up 'til I'm heading north on 23 next week from Columbus. So, I find myself sitting outside, tolerating heat I normally wouldn't tolerate, just because I'm outside.

Not for long. I usually end up going inside within about ten minutes of my cold drink being extinguished.

But, for right now, I have the windows open and fresh air is seeping in. But it's starting to get hot.

Ah, well. It was nice while it lasted.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares