Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005

In Due Course

Well, I have to say I'm slightly pleased with myself. Today, I feel like I've learned the major tenants of Commercial Paper. Based on my Commercial Paper class in law school, that may qualify as one of the seven wonders of the world.

Today, I sat outside. Now, this may sound pretty ho-hum to you, but all of a sudden, I was like, "It's probably 93 degrees outside and no sane person would sit outside. Good. I'm taking the bar. Ergo, I am not sane. So, I'll go sit outside."

So, I did. It wasn't quite 93, but it wasn't quite 80 either, it was somewhere around 85 or so. I didn't care. I hadn't been outside in, like, weeks. OK, I've been outside, obviously, so long as outside was the distance between the portal to where I was coming from and the portal to that which would transport me. So, I sat outside for about fifteen minutes and came back in feeling slightly rejuvenated.

Then this evening, once I was done studying, I decided to drive over to Don Pablos' for some Mexican food. It did me good, and I think driving with the windows down did me even better.

Completely off topic; we're all poor right now, but if anyone's looking to help your fellow man out, you can't beat www.susantorresfund.org. Susan Torres was a researcher at the National Institutes of Health, and was 13 weeks pregnant, when, on May 7, she collapsed at home, a result of up-until-then-undiscovered melanoma brain cancer. She is brain dead but being kept alive in the hope she'll be able to deliver her baby before she dies.

What a story.

(Of course, insurance doesn't pay for the extra hospital stay. So, if you're so inclined and have any spare change to your name, click on over.)

'Night, all.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares