Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sundry Things on a Sunday

OK, let's start with this, 'cause I need other fellow-travellers through hell on this.

I had plans with a friend today for 4:00, so, to ensure minimum disruption in the schedule, I decided this would be a good day to do the practice PMBR MBE. Now, about two weeks ago, I did the BarBri practice MBE (the first of two they offer), and got 99 points. Feinberg said we should be hitting between 65-70%. So, 140 is the goal to shoot for.

OK, so I got 99 that first time, and I knew I had two more practice tests to take. I figured I wanted to hit 120 on my second test, and then 140 on my third and final practice test.

Now, today's was PMBR. PMBR questions are, in general, more difficult than BarBri's, and I'd read that their practice exam was tougher than both BarBri's and the actual bar examination. The guideline I'd read was to take whatever your PMBR score was and add...was it 10% or 25%? I couldn't remember, and I couldn't find the site where I read it, so I decided to split the difference and add 17.5% to my score.

When I figured it out -- and this is where this rather cryptic post came in -- was that to hit a score which, when scaled using 17.5%, was equal to my 99 a few weeks ago, I had to hit 85. To hit a score that was equal to a BarBri 120, I had to hit 103 on the PMBR.

Well, guess what. I got 118 right.

I tend to think this is pretty good. I also think it tends to suggest that my 17.5% number is a little inflated, but even if the bar is every bit as difficult as PMBR (which wouldn't surprise me, I didn't think this was terribly difficult), that means I'm at the goal I had set for myself. But, seriously, I'd like some input...what have others heard of the relative difficulty difference between PMBR and BarBri? And are practice MBE scores landing in the general area, or am I far behind? (Part of what worries me is I STILL only got 60% of those questions right.) Thoughts?

OK, now, I had a number of comments about my mental state after my post regarding that. Seriously, this'll be over soon. It's temporary insanity. And at least I'm not to the point of the poor fellow my friend Laura saw the other day. She got on the bus and saw a guy sitting in a fetal position, rocking back and forth. Next to him was a BarBri book.

I know how you feel, dude. I know how you feel.

For you who suffered an MMD last night, I'd have left you a comment on your blog but it was closed, probably because you didn't want to hear others telling you how you'd just be fine, to just suck it up. YOU WILL MAKE IT...we all will...somehow this'll work...it's just incredibly oppressive right now and it feels like we'll be here till Hell freezes over or W learns to spell, whichever comes last. HANG IN.

I was going to write something else intelligent or soemthing, but, I've lost it. So, I'm out.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares