Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, July 15, 2005

And Now, For Something Completely Different

The Detroit Free Press has a fascinating and lengthy article on Eminem, whose current tour may be his last.

I'm not a rap fan at all. And I'm not a huge Eminem fan, but a few years ago, after reading in Slate how completely repugnant and yet how totally talented Eminem was, I caught up with "Slim Shady" and a few of his other songs, and was fascinated by how the man packs his lyrics together...and they work. I guess my feelings towards him is that I now understand what people mean when they say, "I don't listen to him a lot, but boy, he's talented."

The most fascinating comment for me in the whole article is the notion that "Eminem has now been front and center of America's culture for nearly seven years. The Beatles were there for six."

That's huge. (But, I'm sorry, Eminem on his best day would be fortunate to be playing in the same STATE as the Beatles.)

Anyway, I try to keep current on all sorts of interesting things, and I thought that was fairly interesting.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares