Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday Transitions

So.

Today is the last BarBri class. Which I'm just fine with; it's sort of a Mark Twain "education getting in the way of your studies" thing...I'll be glad to have the extra time to hone in on those things I'm not quite sure about yet.

But it's more than that.

In just a few minutes, I'm going to get in my car, hang a right onto King, a left onto Bancroft, and a right onto Secor for what may well be the very last time. (I've not been studying at the law school for reasons I won't go into here, and I don't mind studying at my apartment.) So, after today, there won't be much reason for me to go back to the law school.

Which is, y'know, a place where I've spent a considerable amount of time. Researching my appellate brief first year. Wrestling with strict scrutiny, interemediate scrutiny, and the right of lesbian partners to adopt. Trying to understand commercial paper. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

I've spent a large portion of my life in that building, and after today, I won't be back very much at all.

But it's even more than that.

Today marks a demarcation. Probably the last classroom I'll sit in where I'm taking a class in anticipation of a test. Probably the last classroom I'll take a class in. I mean, from here on out, it's CLEs at a bar association meeting.

I tend to note transitions in my life. I said when graduation rolled around in May, it was sort of thhe end of twenty years of formal education, but this really is the end. In a way, the recollection I have of the headlight beams shooting out of the school bus's lights on my very first day of Kindergarten in August, 1985 and my trip to and learning in Corporations today is all part of a seamless web that is at its end.

And this all sounds rather abstract, but that's where my head is.

That, and mercilessly enjoying watching people call for Karl Rove's head. :)

Anyway, I'm off.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares