Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday

Today is Friday, which is the beginning of the weekend.

For most people, "weekend" signifies two days of relative rest from obligations.

Of course, not for someone taking the bar! Heavens, no.

Yesterday was sort of a good day/bad day. The bad was I couldn't get a lot of work done, couldn't get much inspiration to work at all, actually. Nonetheless, I seem to be picking up some property stuff and got 27/50 on the second 50 PMBR questions, whereas before I'd gotten 25/50. I do feel like it's coming together.

The good was I got to see and talk to a few people I haven't talked to in a while. Even so, I sit there with this dazed look on my face.

On one of these bar websites, someone said there are all sorts of studies on what taking the bar does to you emotionally. I'm suffering from something, which is quite unusual for me, where food just doesn't sound as exciting anymore. Odd. I'm not sure what it is, if it's a mini-depression or whatever.

Anyway, I think Sunday I'm going to take the PMBR practice 200, 'cause that'll structure my day knowing I'm going out to dinner then that evening w/a friend of mine.

My parents are picking up my brother from camp in Michigan today and will drive through Toledo. It's my hope they don't decide they want to see me and stop by unannounced and uninvited because (a) as mentioned above, this apartment is frightening (I'm going to do some work on that today, too; (b) I'm not in the mood to see ANYONE right now and (c) I need to get stuff done. I'll see them Monday night, when I have to run home for a meeting.

But if they do stop by, they'll be licensees, to whom I'll only owe the second-highest degree of care.

Oh, and I'm also hoping to implement scheduling for the Michael Bassett Post-Bar World Tour (which will actually only hit two cities), coming in August, 2005.

Now, here's the contest: any tour has a catchy, witty tagline. Insofar as I'll be just coming off this hellish experience, I'll be trying to relax, and be carrying a load of books with me which desperately need reading....tagline suggestions, anyone?

OK. Off to get showered and get to work.

Why is there a piece of curved macaroni on my floor? For that matter, I don't recall the last time I had curved macaroni.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares