Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Insomnia? Take The Bar!

Seriously, I just want to tell you, if you're having trouble getting to sleep, why not go through three years of law school and take the bar.

Now that's not because this stuff is boring -- although, I assure you, there are very few things on this Earth less exciting than negative reciprocal easements -- but rather because, by the end of the evening, you are mentally exhausted.

Heck, it's not even by the end of the evening. As I tucked into my last seventeen multichoice questions tonight, I didn't know that I'd make it. (Although, make it I did.)

The sad part of this is that most all the trenchant and enlightening observations I've been thinking throughout the day I was going to share with you have deserted. I can tell you that I decided my life is really sad today when I passed a PMBR flashcard and couldn't help picking it up. This was confirmed when not only did I pick it up and read the question, asking me to describe the three defeasible fees, but when I could answer it. (Fee simple determinable, fee simple subject to a condition subsequent, and a fee simple subject to an executory limitation. Yeah, that'll teach you to ask next time, wiseacre.)

Sorry, the whole thing can make you a bit punchy.

And, if I'm not careful, I'll look a little paunchy by the end of it, too. I've become in the past several days a pleasure junkie. Now, this doesn't mean I'm out chasing some high or anything, but an evening visit to Starbucks is a frequent part of my schedule. Today, I decided to take myself out for lunch at the new Italian restaraunt at Franklin Park. It was really the first real meal I've had in a while, and I went all-out. I ordered appetizer, salad and lunch. Well, appetizer turned out to be on this huge plate and came with my lunch, meaning I had these two huge plates of food and looked like a glutton. (And NO, I didn't finish the whole thing, so I'm going to have dinner out of the transaction. :) )

I got 26/34 on Evidence today. This was perfectly thrilling.

I'll close with my quote for the day, relevant for more reasons than I'm going to go into right now, but I think it's bleeping brilliant. It's from the Mother Jones articles on domestic violence:

"Twenty-five years ago we had a notion that we were organizing to change the system. Then this funny change happened, where instead of us advocating for what women needed from the system, we started adocating the system to women. There has to be a new confrontation of what's going on."

-- Ellen Pence, founder, Domestic Abuse Intervention Project

There's someone who knows what she's talking about.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares