Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005

wait!

I know I said I'm going to bed, and I shortly am, but I wanted to say one other thing.

In dealing with the people at the Ohio Supreme Court, they have, to a man and a woman been patient, helpful and pleasant. Our conversations usually end with my telling them they are "awesome," "rockstars," or similar words of approbation. I assume it's because they realize this process is hell, and we don't need to deal with a lot of grief from uncivil civil servants. So, I have a lot of respect for all of the people working there.

Except one.

I want to know what sadistic soul said, "Y'know, bar exam students just aren't confused enough, and they're just out there cavorting and frolicking. Here, this'll make 'em good and confused."

The following sentence is in the official Supreme Court instructions, I kid you not:

"Dress. Because the examination hall is quite large, the temperature will be variable. The temperature at certain tmes or in certain parts of the examination hall may be lower than some applicants prefer. You may want to dress with this in mind."

WHAT???? WHAT IN MIND? What, for the love of god, did you just tell me??? NO-THING. NOT A DAMN THING. NO, NOTHING, NEGATORY, NADA. It might be too cold for some people. It might be too warm for some other people. In the same auditorium. You're not being helpful.

Hey, at least we're not taking the bar in Virginia, where their bar exam rules require that applicants dress as they would "to appear in a court of record." Now, that is just rediculous.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares