Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, November 18, 2005

Milestones

First, for WMTB...at 12:24 PM today...I had my

10,000th HIT!!!

Now, this was pretty exciting to me. It's incredibly rewarding to see that people are coming here to read and get to know what I'm talking about. Thanks so much for reading, and I hope the next 10,000 are just as much fun as the first.

Now, that's cool, but my friends out in California are facing a much bigger milestone this evening as they learn their fate on the bar exam. For some reason, I am following this with great, great interest. Perhaps because the day of our results passed so quickly and in such a blur I sort of missed out on the blogging community; perhaps because several of the best bar bloggers are out there; perhaps because this is, officially, the final end of Bar Exam 2005 (may it rot in hell); and maybe especially out of sympathy.

I mean, let's think about this for a second. These poor Golden Staters. They have a quadruple-whammy going for them. Their pass rate usually hovers in the 45-55% range. They have these awful things called "crossovers," in which it's not ONE subject of the law tested, but TWO. Can you spot it? Hehehehe, they seem to be saying. They don't know for SURE which areas will be tested. And then, to top it all off, they have to wait the longest of any state.

I mean, this is it, folks. Everyone else knows their bar results. Except the poor California takers.

So, a good part of it is pity.

Anyway, I've been thinking about y'all all day and will be following y'all all night. In a bit here, I'll be doing a sticky post right at the top of the blog with a quick and simple list of links to the CalBar blogosphere so any of you readers who want to check out what's going on can click through. I'll also be covering developments as they unfold tonight, because (a) I need to do something to uphold my incredible geekdom and (b) I like liveblogging things, and this seems like a sorta unique thing to do.

Hang in there, CalBar folks...you'll know soon enough!




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares