Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Monday, January 23, 2006

Damn...now I'm going to sound like Linds...

...who will occasionally post something saying "I had a good post started but Blogger died/I'm setting up a website/my cat ate my post."

Well, I had a good post started yesterday.

In fact, I had a good DAY started yesterday.

I was going to do some email, read, write a post, and make a few tweaks to this site. I was even going to watch a little football.

So, I sat down to read my email and found an email that gave me a good idea for a post. It appears Ken Blackwell's latest tax relief plan could make life difficult for the Ohio State Buckeyes.

This was pure blog gold.

So, I sat down and started to write.

It was around this time a box appeared in the middle of my screen saying "Freepod" was downloading.

I didn't want Freepod. I didn't know what it was, granted, but I was pretty sure I didn't want it. I imagined it would involve random popups and such.

As my grandfather on my mom's side would say, "And how."

Random popups would have been a dream come true compared to what I was getting. I was getting my browser hijacked -- literally, looking at one page and taken to another. I was getting ads in the middle of my screen, independent of any browser.

This was, to put it mildly, annoying.

And thus I spent pretty much the rest of my day until about 6:30. Finally upgraded Norton to Internet Security, which then spent the rest of the night and the morning running and getting rid of these programs.

Although I did visit the Drudge Report yesterday long enough to learn that they're taking "The West Wing" off the air.

This did not make my day more pleasant.

So, we'll chalk January 22, 2006 up as a lost day. Grr.

(I wish I could figure out who the purveyors of that spyware are. I'd like to send them a bill for the time I wasted dealing with their schtuff. )




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares