Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, January 20, 2006

The Grumbling Gourmet

You may recall that, back in December, I said I was going to try to learn to make one new healthy recipe a week. I said that if I liked the recipes, I might put them on the blog. Tonight, I made tortilla soup.

Here is where the recipe would be, if I liked something that tasted a lot like what I imagine the net effect of soaking nachos in hot water and putting garlic powder over it would be.

The raw materials sounded promising -- onions, nachos and then tomatoes and garlic paste pureed in a blender. It was a fairly slow-cooked soup, taking an hour of slowwwwly adding things in.

It didn't take nearly that long to decide I wasn't going to hang around to see what it looked like tomorrow.

Ah, well. What's the old saying? You've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet?

Anywho. I'll have to go back to the recipe pile. Anyone have any good sites for healthy recipes?

While we're waiting, here's a Bassett family favorite: Cucumbers and mint. This is an easy, quick and delicious salad.

Take 2-3 cucumbers; cut skin off. Slice.

Combine with yogurt. (Enoguh yogurt that the cucumbers are swimming in it.)

Add mint. (My parents like to add garlic. I leave it as is.)

Mix well. Enjoy.

Make this recipe if you want to eat something that's relatively good for you and tastes good. Make the recipe I made tonight if you just want hot, soggy nachos with no cheese. And want to spend an hour of your life making it.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares