Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Thursday, October 27, 2005

R-25 hours

Eep, people.

Well, let's see. I hope I do enough today that I'm as tired tonight as I was last night. I fell asleep in front of the TV around 10:45, with Game 4 of the World Series tied at 0-0; woke up at 11:17 with Chicago up 1-0; made an attempt to watch it but didn't wake up for another hour, at which point they'd won. I had made the comment I hoped Chicago would win the series, but that the Astros would win just one of the first four games so they would go to Game 5 so that I'd have something to watch tonight.

The good news is, I have this week's "West Wing" yet to watch, thanks to Anonymous of the SUDL (who is also a White Sox fan...congrats, Anonymous...) I think I'll do that tonight.

In the meantime, I woke up in an okay but not great state. Weird dream. Very weird dream. Old lady being carried out in a paper bag by a menacing looking man telling me he's going to take her to the doctor. Her mouthing "help." Me going to call 911. Waking up. Weird.

Feel calm right now; don't expect I will at this hour tomorrow.

Haven't decided what to wear. Don't laugh that I say that. Best guideline is what I usually wear on election days. (Now, no one may laugh at me as I tell you this.) My election days have a pretty decent dose of superstition. When I get in the car, I start by listening to "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins, followed by "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2. (Did you know that song was written after they went to Nicaragua, because the streets there, literally, have no name?) I'm ritualistic about what I wear. Khaki pants, a navy blue button-down shirt that says, "The American Adventure" that my grandma bought me, and a gray and white sweater. At 2:00 on the dot, I remove the sweater, no matter where I am or how cold it is. At around 7:00, I shower and change into a three-piece suit with a tie that's terrific I got for Christmas four years ago, but which was really cheap and disintegrates and, hence, only gets worn on Election Day.

Well, my lucky outfit served me well for Election '02, '03, and my delegate candidacy in '04, but last year's Election Night was, as they say, a bit of a yard sale. So I'm wondering about a trip back to the drawing board. Just as well: Last time I tried to put that three-piece suit on, it was a bit of a tight fit!

BTW, I think I am writing obsessively about details no one cares about to keep my mind off of this other thing that's going on. Did I tell you the bar exam results are released tomorrow?

And, on that topic, to say no one cares is obviously a misnomer. More and more visitors are here every day since Monday. Yesterday was the second-highest day this month. I have a feeling it's growing...much like this incredible spike I saw in the midst of the barzam. There's something about watching a grown man have a meltdown live on the Internet that's pretty compelling, eh? ;)

PS: If anyone sees my friend Lnze today, don't tell her how spastic I am. She has, for whatever reason, agreed to have dinner with me tonight. I think it's just so she has a funny story to tell.

PSS: Like I'm going to be able to EAT.




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares