Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday

This started out as a quick take on my MBE score, but the Gods of Happiness have hijacked the post, and talking about "raw scores" and "scaled scores" in this post just doesn't seem right.

It's starting to come to me that tomorrow is the swearing-in, that all this stuff is behind me, and just writing the first half of this sentence makes me very, very excited. I mean, tomorrow, I'M A LAWYER. Something I've wanted to do for, well, I don't know how long, forever.

I don't know when I decided to go to law school, actually. When I was in elementary/junior high school, seven years of school BEYOND high school seemed like SUCH a long time. And it is. In fact, I think in college, I considered not going to law school, although it wasn't a terribly lengthy thought. For Pete's sake, I was getting a degree in poli sci and a degree in CLEG (Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics & Government.) With CLEG, they TELL you you have to have a double major or else go to law school because no one will hire you just because you're a CLEG graduate.

Eve said in her blog the other day she doesn't know how she will feel the day after her results come out, pass or fail, and you know, she's right. I think I am just now starting to feel the euphoria set in I expected after I passed the bar.

Now, don't get me wrong -- at 7:09 AM on 10/28 at the SUDL, Anonymous and I were pretty damn happy, and I was a grinning idiot the rest of the day. But I knew then that the magnitude of what had happened hadn't hit me yet.

It's starting to.

Tomorrow, I wake up in the same state I've always been -- what Hopperton, a property school professor at UTLaw, would call a "civilian." And I go to bed as a lawyer.

How awesome is that?

OK, enough of the happy dance. I'll post this, and then do my MBE score post. :)




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares