Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Own Brand of Urban Revitalization

So, Tuesday was just a long day that wasn't much fun. I

  • started with a 7 AM meeting (!) of the safety committee for the school board I am on.
  • found myself doing a bunch of research I didn't expect to do.
  • found myself dealing with fires I didn't expect to deal with.
  • finished with an 8 PM meeting for the school board, getting home around 10.
Yesterday, while not as long or as intense, was just sort of a blah day most of the day. I got some stuff done that needed to be done and trudged through. I headed for Toledo for a meeting.

And something odd happened to me.

Toledo charged me up.

Now, this is odd because, well, Toledo isn't exactly Excitement City. Some claim it's impossible to get around in.

But, nonetheless, I spent three years living part-time there, and I love it. I know where everything is. I have things I'm used to. Like Barry's Bagels. (Got there, got a baked potato, got iced tea.) And Starbucks. (Didn't get there, unfortunately.)

I think part of it has to do with this change I went through between undergrad and law school. I realized, about midway through my college career, that American University wasn't exactly all it was cracked up to be. And I found that living in DC was difficult without a car, because you were always thirty minutes away from wherever you were going to.

When I got to Toledo, that wasn't the case. And I liked that.

Anyway, being back there charged me up a bit. Being in a meeting about how Democrats will take back the state in November charged me up a bit. And getting food from the Beirut -- that charged me up a bit.

And filled my fridge for the next few days, anyway. :)




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares