Watch Me Take The Bar
Watch Me Take The Bar
This blog, originally started as a chronicle of my taking the bar, is now a look into the mind of an attorney in solo practice in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Friday, July 22, 2005

What I Did Today

  • Six essays [ok, five and a half...I put up the white flag on the second of two CrimPro essays, 'cause I knew I was going to be doing midgrade BS, and while I have no compunction wasting the graders' time with it, I wasn't going to waste my time with it.]

  • Scheduled the MRB Summer 2005 I-Survived-The-Bar Tour

  • Mastered partnership. [OK, got a grip on it]

  • Thing for Sake of Relaxation 1: I went and spent twenty minutes sitting by the pool at my apartment complex. I had two overweaning thoughts as I did this: #1, Sylvania Avenue is not a particularly great backdrop for a swimming pool. #2, This is how other people have spent their summers. I have spent mine getting cozy with actual authority and apparent authority and the liability of an undisclosed or partially-disclosed principal and limited liability and the negative (or dormant) Commerce Clause. This is not fair.

  • Did about 50 MBE questions, Evidence and CrimLaw. (BTW, I started calculating today how many PMBR questions I've done so far, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,800. And growing.)

  • Had a Barry's Bagel baked potato...mmmmmmm. Reviewed Corporations as I munched.

  • Thing for Sake of Relaxation 2: Took stock of what I had done for the day, calculated I wasn't going to get much more done today and decided to spend an hour or two destressing in Borders. Read books having nothing to do with law. Destressed.

  • Drove home with windows down, sunroof open, radio blasting. Again, marveled at the joys of summer and how other people must enjoy it.

  • Stopped at grocery store.

  • Put together green bean casserole, which I am now waiting for it to come out of the oven. (Yes, I know what time it is, and yes, I usually eat dinner this late. Deal with it.)

  • Wrote a blog entry that will probably be of no interest except to any stalkers out there and the FBI Agent in charge of keeping track of me because of those nasty things I've said about W. (Hello, Agent Wormwood, by the way.)




Archives
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

Listed on BlogShares